1. Build a national team of young leaders committed to saving the next generation from a crushing debt by empowering states to force fiscal discipline on Congress.
2. Educate community, political leaders, and the media about how states can use their power to break the deadlock in Washington.
3. Show State Legislators how they can empower themselves to impose permanent fiscal discipline on Congress.
4. Show Members of Congress how they can partner with state legislators to achieve reform, just as House Speaker James Madison took advantage of the pressure from states to help force Congress to propose the Bill of Rights.
5. Persuade Presidential candidates to start talking about the fact that bringing long term fiscal reform to Washington will require mobilizing state leaders to put pressure on politicians in Washington.
The bottom line is....
Washington is gridlocked and it is going to take pressure from the states to finally break that gridlock.
Our goal is to mobilize the millennial generation and our allies to educate and inspire state leaders to force reform on Washington.
The KEY is the team of advocates.
If Congress won't act, a new generation of leaders must.
Disclaimer. The "Don't Tread on Me" picture above does not belong to "Don't Bankrupt America." It was taken from http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Lp7n5eN3LAE/hqdefault.jpg
Disclaimer. The page separator used above does not belong to "Don't Bankrupt America."
A New Generation of Leaders Can Help Restore Fiscal Responsibility in America!
WHAT WE NEED:
A balanced budget, or fiscal discipline, amendment,
to the U.S. Constitution.
...but 2/3 of CONGRESS isn't likely to propose such an Amendment on its own so we must
EMPOWER STATES to force Congress to propose one.
States have forced Congress THREE TIMES in American history to propose Amendments that they have wanted:
1. 1st-10th Amendments: Bill of Rights
2. 17th Amendment: Direct Election of US Senators
3. 22nd Amendment: Presidential Term Limits